The team at Birkenhead Powder Coatings specialise in delivering high quality finishes on a range of metallic items and products, and have been serving our local area since 1995 with a number of methods and services best suited for the automotive community.
With literally tens of millions of alloy wheels used on UK roads every day, it is important to know where to turn to when problems arise. The effects of kerbed, pitted or damaged wheels are certainly serious enough to warrant a solution as soon as possible; however this need not be an expensive undertaking. Members of the motor trade industry, as well as the general public, can save a great deal of money by seeking out our alloy wheel refurbishment service in Liverpool rather than opting for whole scale replacement.
Many of our customers would like to know more about our alloy wheel refurbishment process in Liverpool, which is outlined below:
- First, we remove tyres from the wheels altogether. This allows us to fully assess damages as well as providing the best possible template for adhesion.
- Our team then shotblast the specified item by hand, removing layers of lacquer right down to the bare metal at the bottom. This prepares the item for the coating process.
- We then carry out an extensive cleaning process, removing any stray or errant paint flakes as well as excess dirt and dust.
- At this stage, we are able to repair any damage the wheel may have suffered, from light damage such as scuffs and scratches as well as more serious problems. If this is the case, our team can use a small amount of high temperature filler to reshape the wheel back to near showroom condition.
- After all repair work is completed we burn off any remaining residue throughout the wheel and make sure to sweat out any lingering moisture.
- A coating colour is then loaded – this can be selected from a vast range of possible options.
- An even coat is applied to each wheel, ensuring uniform thickness and a superb overall finish.
- Our quality control team then thorough inspects the finished product which includes both a visual inspection and mechanical means of analysis.
- As an optional extra, we can also refit and rebalance tyres when we place the wheels back on the vehicle.
Our quality control tests and inspections ensure that any and all alloy wheel refurbishment in Liverpool that we carry out are done to the highest industry standards in the UK today, ensuring that we produce a flawlessly refurbished alloy wheel, free of corrosion and blemishes and with a uniform finish. Even better, our service is available for a fraction of the cost of replacing a wheel altogether!